Attribute action in <stripes:form>.

Jarek Lipski-2
Hello,

I hava question regarding <stripes:form> action attribute. In the TLD doc it is
stated that:

"The URL to which this form will post. Expected to be a web-app relative path -
the tag will prepend the context path to any action that begins with a slash and
does not already contain the context path. Should match a URL to which an
ActionBean has been bound. Required unless 'beanclass' is provided."

I have context named "myctx" and keep my action has url
http://example.org:8080/myctx/secure/myctx/dosomething.action. When I declare
tag like this on the JSP page: <stripes:form
action="/secure/myctx/dosomething.action"> it will not redirect to my action
correctly, as the stripes will not prepend my action url with context name, so I
will get redirected to http://example.org:8080/secure/myctx/dosomething.action.

In 1.5 version of stripes (revision 908) compiled from svn repository I don't
have this problem, the redirect works correctly, but the documentation in TLD
has not changed. Is there a bug in the documentation or in the implementation?
Should I file a bug report on JIRA.

Best regards,

Jarek Lipski

Re: Attribute action in <stripes:form>.

Ben Gunter
The documentation was outdated. To maintain consistency with the
behavior of s:url and s:link, it was changed so it only prefixes the
context path if the given action path does not already *begin with* the
context path. I've updated the TLD.

-Ben

Jarek Lipski wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I hava question regarding <stripes:form> action attribute. In the TLD doc it is
> stated that:
>
> "The URL to which this form will post. Expected to be a web-app relative path -
> the tag will prepend the context path to any action that begins with a slash and
> does not already contain the context path. Should match a URL to which an
> ActionBean has been bound. Required unless 'beanclass' is provided."
>
> I have context named "myctx" and keep my action has url
> http://example.org:8080/myctx/secure/myctx/dosomething.action. When I declare
> tag like this on the JSP page: <stripes:form
> action="/secure/myctx/dosomething.action"> it will not redirect to my action
> correctly, as the stripes will not prepend my action url with context name, so I
> will get redirected to http://example.org:8080/secure/myctx/dosomething.action.
>
> In 1.5 version of stripes (revision 908) compiled from svn repository I don't
> have this problem, the redirect works correctly, but the documentation in TLD
> has not changed. Is there a bug in the documentation or in the implementation?
> Should I file a bug report on JIRA.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Jarek Lipski

Re: Attribute action in <stripes:form>.

Jarek Lipski-2
Thanks for the quick response and fix, The new behavior saves users a little
confusion. Keep up the good work on Stripes!

Jarek Lipski