Cannot resolve uri of security.tld

James Walker-15
I am new to Stripes and am trying to run the source code from the Stripes
textbook "Stripes: ...and Java Web Development Is Fun Again", available at
http://pragprog.com/titles/fdstr/source_code. However, I get the following error
in my browser:

/WEB-INF/jsp/common/taglibs.jsp(18,49) PWC6188: The absolute uri:
http://www.stripes-stuff.org/security.tld cannot be resolved in either web.xml
or the jar files deployed with this application

which points to the following in taglibs.jsp:

<%@taglib prefix="security"
  uri="http://www.stripes-stuff.org/security.tld"%>

I've been looking around for a while and haven't found a solution to this
problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Re: Cannot resolve uri of security.tld

Matthijs Laan

On 2013-02-04 19:51, James Walker wrote:

> I am new to Stripes and am trying to run the source code from the Stripes
> textbook "Stripes: ...and Java Web Development Is Fun Again", available at
> http://pragprog.com/titles/fdstr/source_code. However, I get the following error
> in my browser:
>
> /WEB-INF/jsp/common/taglibs.jsp(18,49) PWC6188: The absolute uri:
> http://www.stripes-stuff.org/security.tld cannot be resolved in either web.xml
> or the jar files deployed with this application
>
> which points to the following in taglibs.jsp:
>
> <%@taglib prefix="security"
>    uri="http://www.stripes-stuff.org/security.tld"%>
>
> I've been looking around for a while and haven't found a solution to this
> problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

The most obvious error would be that you haven't put
stripesstuff-0.2.jar on the classpath (ie in WEB-INF/lib)...

Matthijs

Matthijs Laan <matthijslaan@...> writes:

> On 2013-02-04 19:51, James Walker wrote:
> > I am new to Stripes and am trying to run the source code from the Stripes
> > textbook "Stripes: ...and Java Web Development Is Fun Again", available at
> > http://pragprog.com/titles/fdstr/source_code. However, I get the following
error
> > in my browser:
> >
> > /WEB-INF/jsp/common/taglibs.jsp(18,49) PWC6188: The absolute uri:
> > http://www.stripes-stuff.org/security.tld cannot be resolved in either
web.xml

> > or the jar files deployed with this application
> >
> > which points to the following in taglibs.jsp:
> >
> > <%@taglib prefix="security"
> >    uri="http://www.stripes-stuff.org/security.tld"%>
> >
> > I've been looking around for a while and haven't found a solution to this
> > problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
> >

> The most obvious error would be that you haven't put
> stripesstuff-0.2.jar on the classpath (ie in WEB-INF/lib)...
>
> Matthijs

-
> Free Next-Gen Firewall Hardware Offer
> http://p.sf.net/sfu/sophos-d2d-feb

Thanks for your help. I resolved the issue by creating a lib directory in my
WEB-INF folder and putting my Stripes Stuff JAR file into it. I thought I
already had the JAR file on my classpath because I was able to build my
application which references the library just fine, but after doing some
reading it is my understanding that the issue is for .tld files to be found
within JAR files, those JAR files must reside within WEB-INF/lib.

I'm not sure why the stripes security .tld file is no longer available online,
but at least now I understand why web applications don't go down when .tld
files they reference are no longer available: because those .tld files are
typically also available on the server.