Complex Object Trees and Request Post

Heather and Jon Turgeon
Hi all, I am using Hibernate ORM in my Struts app. I thought why create all separate variables for each request param when I can just use the Hibernate object's variables. Works great until I get into complex object trees and try the form input id being something like "object.object2[1].object3.id". Is something like this feasible in Stripes and I am just missing something? "object.id" works great.

Jon

Re: Complex Object Trees and Request Post

Rick Grashel
Hi Jon,

What is the exact use-case you are trying to accomplish?  It is difficult to tell based on your post.  Stripes handles type conversion of nested objects as well as top-level objects.  However, if these nested objects are basically nested entity beans, then that has its own problems -- regardless of whether you are using Struts or Stripes.

What does the source form look like you are trying to use?

-- Rick