Encrypted annotation problem with options-collection

Encrypted annotation problem with options-collection

bagzee@gmail.com
I am using encrypted annotation on a property that is a list of objects. I applied it on the getter method as shown in the indexed properties documentation:

@ValidateNestedProperties({
        @Validate(field="id", encrypted=true)
})
public List<ModelTypesEntity> getModelTypes() {
    return this.modelTypes;
}

Then on a JSP I am using stripes tags to render a select dropdown:

<stripes:select name="model.modelTypeId" id="model.modelTypeId" >
    <stripes:options-collection collection="${actionBean.modelTypes}" value="id" label="name"  />
</stripes:select>

But the values come out unencrypted.

Any ideas is I am doing something wrong, or is this a bug?

Re: Encrypted annotation problem with options-collection

Ben Gunter
You have marked the nested ActionBean property modelTypes.id as encrypted, but your input is named modelTypeId. If you instead mark your modelTypeId property with encrypted=true, then the value will be encrypted. I just tested this here so I'm confident it will work for you as well.

This seems a little bit tricky, but the easy way to remember where to set encrypted=true is that the property you flag as encrypted must match the input name of the tag whose value you want to encrypt.

-Ben