FlashScope.put not always working

Adam Stokar
HI everyone,

We use Redis for a session store, and flash scope had been working fine up to our latest release.  For some reason, the same code that has always worked is now no longer working:

FlashScope fs = FlashScope.getCurrent(getRequest(), true);

fs.put(name, value);

I'm seeing the flash parameter in the URL, but the attributes don't seem to be there, i.e. "https://www.club-os.com/action/Meas/view?__fsk=-1873689164"

Does anyone have an idea as to why this might be happening?  For example, we add an attribute "resultMessage" that displays the success or failure after saving.  That is no longer being set in the flash scope.  How can I debug this?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Adam

Re: FlashScope.put not always working

Alex-2
Adam Stokar <ajstokar@...> writes:

> HI everyone,
> We use Redis for a session store, and flash scope had been working fine up
to our latest release.  For some reason, the same code that has always
worked is now no longer working:

> FlashScope fs = FlashScope.getCurrent(getRequest(), true);
> fs.put(name, value);
> I'm seeing the flash parameter in the URL, but the attributes don't seem
to be there, i.e. "https://www.club-os.com/action/Meas/view?__fsk=-1873689164"
> Does anyone have an idea as to why this might be happening?  For example,
we add an attribute "resultMessage" that displays the success or failure
after saving.  That is no longer being set in the flash scope.  How can I
debug this?

> Any help is greatly appreciated.
> Thanks,
> Adam

Hi Adam,

did you solve it yet? I have seen, this is old...
But my solution is, NOT to use FlashScope, instead use session.getAttribute
and session.setAttribute. This worked for me.