Importing Stripersist.jar and Correct XML Setup

Importing Stripersist.jar and Correct XML Setup

David Gilbert-7

I'm new to using Stripes as a framework. So I purchased the book written by the author and I've been using it as a reference. I'm a little confused on using stripersist.jar and I was hoping someone could help.

I'm trying to import stripersist into a class but my IDE is telling me the address I'm putting indicates it does not exist. I have the stripersist.jar located in my WEB-INF/lib folder with the rest of my jar files and the stripersist.class in the jar is in org/stripesstuff/stripersist/

Does it need to be in a different area? What am I missing?

Thanks (code below)

XML File

....code left out for brevity
    <filter>
            <display-name>Stripes Filter</display-name>
            <filter-name>StripesFilter</filter-name>
            <filter-class>net.sourceforge.stripes.controller.StripesFilter</filter-class>
            <init-param>
                <param-name>ActionResolver.Packages</param-name>
                <param-value>veexterior.initial</param-value>
            </init-param>
            <init-param>
                <param-name>Extension.Packages</param-name>
                <param-value>org.stripesstuff.stripersist</param-value>
            </init-param>
    </filter>
....code left out for brevity
</web-app>

BaseDaoImpl Class

package veexterior.initial.DAO.impl;

import java.io.Serializable;
import java.lang.reflect.ParameterizedType;
import java.util.List;
import javax.persistence.NoResultException;
import javax.persistence.NonUniqueResultException;
import javax.persistence.Query;
import org.stripesstuff.stripersist.Stripersist;
import veexterior.initial.DAO.Dao;

Re: Importing Stripersist.jar and Correct XML Setup

Aaron Porter-3
Hi David,
Sounds like stripersist.jar isn't in your classpath. If you're using Eclipse you can right-click on the jar file in Package Explorer and hit Build Path->Add to Build Path.

Aaron

On 01/30/2013 11:38 AM, David Gilbert wrote:

[...]

Aaron,

That worked. Thanks for answering the newbie question.