Nagging Exception

Adam Stokar
Hi All,

Looking for some help as I haven't found anything useful on the web.  My stripes application is consistently throwing the below exception:

java.lang.
IllegalStateException: A request made it through to some part of Stripes
without being wrapped in a StripesRequestWrapper. The StripesFilter is responsible for wrapping the request, so it is likely that either the StripesFilter is
 not deployed, or that its mappings do not include the DispatcherServlet _and_ *.jsp. Stripes does not require that the Stripes wrapper is the only request wrap
per, or the outermost; only that it is present.

I have the following in my web.xml

<filter-mapping>
        <filter-name>StripesFilter</filter-name>
        <url-pattern>*.jsp</url-pattern>
        <dispatcher>REQUEST</dispatcher>
    </filter-mapping>

    <filter-mapping>
        <filter-name>StripesFilter</filter-name>
        <servlet-name>StripesDispatcher</servlet-name>
        <dispatcher>REQUEST</dispatcher>
        <dispatcher>FORWARD</dispatcher>
        <dispatcher>ERROR</dispatcher>
    </filter-mapping>

Not sure what the issue is.  Can someone explain why this error is thrown and any possible ways to resolve it?  Thanks!

- Adam

Re: Nagging Exception

Rick Grashel
Adam,

Do you have the Stripes dispatcher mapped properly?  Here is an
example that I use:

        <filter-mapping>
                <filter-name>StripesFilter</filter-name>
                <url-pattern>*.jsp</url-pattern>
                <dispatcher>REQUEST</dispatcher>
        </filter-mapping>

        <filter-mapping>
                <filter-name>StripesFilter</filter-name>
                <servlet-name>StripesDispatcher</servlet-name>
                <dispatcher>REQUEST</dispatcher>
        </filter-mapping>

        <servlet>
                <servlet-name>StripesDispatcher</servlet-name>

<servlet-class>net.sourceforge.stripes.controller.DispatcherServlet</servlet-class>
                <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
        </servlet>

        <servlet-mapping>
                <servlet-name>StripesDispatcher</servlet-name>
                <url-pattern>*.action</url-pattern>
        </servlet-mapping>

Make sure you have the dispatcher defined, loading on startup, and
mapped to action URLs.

-- Rick

On Sun, Oct 2, 2011 at 8:41 AM, Adam Stokar <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Looking for some help as I haven't found anything useful on the web.  My stripes application is consistently throwing the below exception:
>
> java.lang.
> IllegalStateException: A request made it through to some part of Stripes
> without being wrapped in a StripesRequestWrapper. The StripesFilter is responsible for wrapping the request, so it is likely that either the StripesFilter is
>  not deployed, or that its mappings do not include the DispatcherServlet _and_ *.jsp. Stripes does not require that the Stripes wrapper is the only request wrap
> per, or the outermost; only that it is present.
>
> I have the following in my web.xml
>
> <filter-mapping>
>         <filter-name>StripesFilter</filter-name>
>         <url-pattern>*.jsp</url-pattern>
>         <dispatcher>REQUEST</dispatcher>
>     </filter-mapping>
>
>     <filter-mapping>
>         <filter-name>StripesFilter</filter-name>
>         <servlet-name>StripesDispatcher</servlet-name>
>         <dispatcher>REQUEST</dispatcher>
>         <dispatcher>FORWARD</dispatcher>
>         <dispatcher>ERROR</dispatcher>
>     </filter-mapping>
>
> Not sure what the issue is.  Can someone explain why this error is thrown and any possible ways to resolve it?  Thanks!
>
> - Adam

Re: Nagging Exception

Adam Stokar
Yes I do.  My actions always seem to work locally, and I don't notice this error when using the app.  But when I look at the logs, it is all over the place.