Odd NPE following Redirect-After-Post

Christopher Maier-2
I'm trying to do a redirect-after-post, but I keep getting this
NullPointerException:

[ERROR] Servlet.service() for servlet StripesDispatcher threw exception
java.lang.NullPointerException
 at net.sourceforge.stripes.controller.FlashScope.getContainer
    (FlashScope.java:343)
 at net.sourceforge.stripes.controller.FlashScope.requestComplete
    (FlashScope.java:152)
 at net.sourceforge.stripes.controller.StripesFilter.flashOutbound
    (StripesFilter.java:241)
 at net.sourceforge.stripes.controller.StripesFilter.doFilter
    (StripesFilter.java:187)
 at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter
    (ApplicationFilterChain.java:202)
 at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter
    (ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
 at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke
    (StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
 at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke
    (StandardContextValve.java:178)
 at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke
    (StandardHostValve.java:126)
 at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke
    (ErrorReportValve.java:105)
 at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke
    (StandardEngineValve.java:107)
 at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service
    (CoyoteAdapter.java:148)
 at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process
    (Http11Processor.java:869)
 at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler
    .processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:667)
 at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket
    (PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527)
 at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt
    (LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:80)
 at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run
    (ThreadPool.java:684)
 at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:613)

Briefly, I have a form for editing database entities.  I submit the form to an
ActionBean with appropriate events (e.g., insert, update, delete).  After I do
what I need, I attempt to redirect to the same ActionBean class, but to the
"goToEditPage" event.  I can see the changes being successfully made in my
database, but it seems there's something going wrong when Stripes tries to
display the page.  If I do a Forward instead of a Redirect, everything works
fine, but I'd like to avoid that naturally.  I've tried both of the following:

return new RedirectResolution(getClass(), "goToEditPage").flash(this);

return new RedirectResolution(getClass(), "goToEditPage")
    .addParameter("id", getId());

but I still get the same FlashScope error.  This happens on Tomcat 5.5.15 and
Tomcat 6.0.14.  I'm using Stripes 1.4.3.  Anyone have any ideas / suggestions?

Thanks,
Chris

Re: Odd NPE following Redirect-After-Post

Ben Gunter
Christopher, I know it's been quite some time since you sent this. I
believe this problem has been fixed for 1.5.

More info:
http://www.stripesframework.org/jira/browse/STS-563
http://www.stripesframework.org/jira/browse/STS-565

-Ben