@Override abstract method having annotations

Gregg Bolinger-7
I don't recall the version when this changed.  I generally have a base
abstract class with the following method:

@DefaultHandler
@DontValidate
public abstract Resolution display();

And in the implementing class:

@Override
public Resolution display() {

And this has always worked.  Using the latest RC here is what happens.
The @DefaultHandler still seems to work.  And initially nothing is
validated.  However, when I have a method like this

@DontBind
public Resolution cancel() {
   return new RedirectResolution(SomeBean.class);
}

I get the error message about not finding the sourcePageResolution along
with the validation errors.  It seems to get through the cancel method
but during the redirect something is lost.  If I change:

@Override
public Resolution display() {

@DefaultHandler
@DontValidate
public Resolution display() {

it works as expected.  Now, I don't know if this is a bug or if
@Override really isn't supposed to be used for abstract methods and it
now works like it should (hence, was broken before).

Gregg

Re: @Override abstract method having annotations

Gregg Bolinger-7
Bump-itty bump bump.