Spring Boot Support for Stripes applications

Spring Boot Support for Stripes applications

Juan Pablo Santos Rodríguez
Hi,

I've extracted some code we've developed at work to enable Spring Boot support for Stripes applications and placed it at https://github.com/juanpablo-santos/stripes-spring-boot

We are *not* looking to push those artifacts to central, so they require manual install in order to be used. In fact, we were wondering if they could be integrated into the Stripes main distribution O:-) The code is prepared to be merged directly as it is (it uses net.sourceforge.stripes.springboot as a base package).

Documentation is a bit terse and right now is lacking unit tests (it's a bit late here), but we're open for suggestions, questions, PR, etc. In any case, there's also a small working sample you can take a look at.

best regards,
juan pablo

Re: Spring Boot Support for Stripes applications

Rick Grashel
Hi Juan-Pablo!

This is fantastic news!  I will take a look at the code this week.  What dependencies does this have?  I am wanting to do a release in December at some point.

Thanks.

-- Rick

On Tue, Nov 15, 2016 at 12:22 PM, Juan Pablo Santos Rodríguez <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Hi Rick,

glad to hear :-)

It uses Stripes 1.7.0-beta4 and Spring Boot 1.4.2; it should also be ok to use the Spring Boot 1.3 base line. Regarding Stripes, we tried to use 1.6, but we ran into problems with servlet-api and jsp-api dependencies. We didn't look very much into that though, as we are using 1.7.0-beta4 for our developments.

best regards,
juan pablo