Stripes 1.5 Release Candidate 1 available now

Stripes 1.5 Release Candidate 1 available now

Ben Gunter
Stripes 1.5 Release Candidate 1 (1.5RC1) is available for download now.
Get it while it's hot!

https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=145476&package_id=160010&release_id=601435

We need everyone who is willing and able to download this release and
take it for a spin. We've added a few additional backward compatibility
notes to upgrading.txt so you might want to read over that again. We
believe this code to be production-ready, meaning we expect only minor
bugs (if any) to be exposed during the RC period. A final 1.5 release
should follow soon.

A big thanks to everybody who helped code, document, test and debug. If
you'd like to see what all went into this release (since 1.4.3) you can
find a summary here:

http://www.stripesframework.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10000&styleName=Html&version=10043

-Ben

Re: Stripes 1.5 Release Candidate 1 available now

Rasmus Monnerup
Hi Ben,

Thanks for the RC.

After updating from beta1 I ran into a issue with the form / param tag.

Consider the following code:

@UrlBinding("/example/{$event}.html")
public class ExampleAction implements ActionBean{

<stripes:form action="/example.html">
  <stripes:param name="$event" value="dostuf" />
</stripes:form>

beta1 generate this:

<form action="/example/dostuf.html">
</form>

and the dostuf event is called when the form is submitted.

but rc1 generate this:

<form action="/example.html?%24event=dostuf">
</form>

and the event dostuf is not called when the form is submitted.

Have something changed regarding the use of $event in the param tag
since beta1 ?

/Rasmus

2008/5/23 Ben Gunter <[hidden email]>:

> Stripes 1.5 Release Candidate 1 (1.5RC1) is available for download now.
> Get it while it's hot!
>
> https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=145476&package_id=160010&release_id=601435
>
> We need everyone who is willing and able to download this release and
> take it for a spin. We've added a few additional backward compatibility
> notes to upgrading.txt so you might want to read over that again. We
> believe this code to be production-ready, meaning we expect only minor
> bugs (if any) to be exposed during the RC period. A final 1.5 release
> should follow soon.
>
> A big thanks to everybody who helped code, document, test and debug. If
> you'd like to see what all went into this release (since 1.4.3) you can
> find a summary here:
>
> http://www.stripesframework.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10000&styleName=Html&version=10043
>
> -Ben

Re: Stripes 1.5 Release Candidate 1 available now

simonz
Yay!  Thanks for all those making Stripes for your hard work.

One suggestion - it would be a really good idea to update the main
stripes page and put this news there  (I'm thinking of
http://www.stripesframework.org/ ) as a lot more people will try the
Release Candidate if it's mentioned there.   It will also help
prospective users who come to the stripes page know that there is
something new and exciting coming soon, which is important because the
last release mentioned there is more than a year old now, and makes
Stripes look a bit "slow moving".

Just a thought!

Cheers,

Simon.

On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 11:52 PM, Ben Gunter <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Stripes 1.5 Release Candidate 1 (1.5RC1) is available for download now.
> Get it while it's hot!
>
> https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=145476&package_id=160010&release_id=601435
>
> We need everyone who is willing and able to download this release and
> take it for a spin. We've added a few additional backward compatibility
> notes to upgrading.txt so you might want to read over that again. We
> believe this code to be production-ready, meaning we expect only minor
> bugs (if any) to be exposed during the RC period. A final 1.5 release
> should follow soon.
>
> A big thanks to everybody who helped code, document, test and debug. If
> you'd like to see what all went into this release (since 1.4.3) you can
> find a summary here:
>
> http://www.stripesframework.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10000&styleName=Html&version=10043
>
> -Ben

Re: Stripes 1.5 Release Candidate 1 available now

Rasmus Monnerup
Ok, I see.

I will use a submit button to trigger the event.

Thanks again.