Stripes 1.6 Released!

Rick Grashel
Hi all,

I wanted to take this opportunity to announce the formal release of Stripes v1.6.  For those who are running earlier versions of Stripes (v1.5.8 or earlier) or even earlier versions of 1.6-SNAPSHOT, there are significant improvements and defect fixes.  The list of items included in this release are at the following link:

You can download the latest release from Github here:

Or you can download it directly from Jenkins:

The 1.6 release has been published to Sonatype repo, so it is available through Maven for inclusion in your POMs (thanks, Ben!).

Planning for Stripes 2.0 is going to be underway.  If you have suggestions for improvements, fixes, or new features you'd like to see, please feel free to enter an issue request in JIRA (https://stripesframework.atlassian.net/), post a message here (stripes-users, stripes-devel), or let us know on IRC (#stripes).  There have been some great suggestions already for things to help take Stripes 2.0 into the future.  We'd love to hear your feedback.

Thanks!

Re: Stripes 1.6 Released!

Cool ! Nice work fellows ! I thought we were pretty much dead ;P

Is there any kinda "major changes" page where we can see what's really different compared to 1.x ? The processors etc... I've been away from the IRC channel for a while, but I recall that the others (Ben and the gang) had changed a few things like the lifecycle changes etc.

Aside from my daily job, I've been trying Play! recently and I've been quite impressed. It has the strongest foundation I've seen, plus a ton of neat little things.

Anyway, here' my wish list  for 2.0, inspired from Play! :
1/ Async, non-blocking support
2/ Dynamic action beans (ie that are resolved at run-time instead of startup-time)
3/ Better flash scope (using cookies for example)
4/ Built-in JSON support
5/ Statically Typed templates
6/ Full Java config (probably already doable, not sure)
7/ Nested Validation (we do this already on 1.7 with Woko, but it's a bit hackish) BeanValidatio JSR ?
8/ Hot reload (JavaRebel ?)

I have tried 1/ over the 1.7 codebase and it seemed impossible.
Same for 2/ : the concept of "dynamic" actions isn't compatible with the current lifecycle...

Cheers !