Stripes 1.6 Released!

Rick Grashel
Hi all,

I wanted to take this opportunity to announce the formal release of Stripes v1.6.  For those who are running earlier versions of Stripes (v1.5.8 or earlier) or even earlier versions of 1.6-SNAPSHOT, there are significant improvements and defect fixes.  The list of items included in this release are at the following link:

You can download the latest release from Github here:

Or you can download it directly from Jenkins:

The 1.6 release has been published to Sonatype repo, so it is available through Maven for inclusion in your POMs (thanks, Ben!).

Planning for Stripes 2.0 is going to be underway.  If you have suggestions for improvements, fixes, or new features you'd like to see, please feel free to enter an issue request in JIRA (https://stripesframework.atlassian.net/), post a message here (stripes-users, stripes-devel), or let us know on IRC (#stripes).  There have been some great suggestions already for things to help take Stripes 2.0 into the future.  We'd love to hear your feedback.

Thanks!

Re: [Stripes-dev] Stripes 1.6 Released!

Andrés M. Luna
Yeah!!!

Andres

Saludos,

Andrés M. Luna

www.digiworks.com

On Thu, Jul 23, 2015 at 4:11 PM, Joaquin Valdez <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Iwao AVE!
Thank you, Rick and the team!

// Iwao

Re: [Stripes-dev] Stripes 1.6 Released!

Nestor Hernandez

Great news!

El 23/7/2015 21:49, "Iwao AVE!" <[hidden email]> escribió:
Thank you, Rick and the team!

// Iwao

Re: [Stripes-dev] Stripes 1.6 Released!

Cool ! Nice work fellows ! I thought we were pretty much dead ;P

Is there any kinda "major changes" page where we can see what's really different compared to 1.x ? The processors etc... I've been away from the IRC channel for a while, but I recall that the others (Ben and the gang) had changed a few things like the lifecycle changes etc.

Aside from my daily job, I've been trying Play! recently and I've been quite impressed. It has the strongest foundation I've seen, plus a ton of neat little things.

Anyway, here' my wish list  for 2.0, inspired from Play! :
1/ Async, non-blocking support
2/ Dynamic action beans (ie that are resolved at run-time instead of startup-time)
3/ Better flash scope (using cookies for example)
4/ Built-in JSON support
5/ Statically Typed templates
6/ Full Java config (probably already doable, not sure)
7/ Nested Validation (we do this already on 1.7 with Woko, but it's a bit hackish) BeanValidatio JSR ?
8/ Hot reload (JavaRebel ?)

I have tried 1/ over the 1.7 codebase and it seemed impossible.
Same for 2/ : the concept of "dynamic" actions isn't compatible with the current lifecycle...

Cheers !

[...]

My wish List:
1. Sort the validation errors by the position declared in the actionbean.
2. Built in REST support
3. Verify Http methods POST, GET, etc. It could be some @HandlesMethod
4. Annotate more than one actionbean with the same @UrlBinding value and distingish them by the Http method

El 24/7/2015 11:50, "VANKEISBELCK Remi" <[hidden email]> escribió:
[...]

Lionel-2
VANKEISBELCK Remi a formulé ce vendredi :

> Anyway, here' my wish list  for 2.0, inspired from Play! :
> 1/ Async, non-blocking support
> 2/ Dynamic action beans (ie that are resolved at run-time instead of
> startup-time)
> 3/ Better flash scope (using cookies for example)
> 4/ Built-in JSON support
> 5/ Statically Typed templates
> 6/ Full Java config (probably already doable, not sure)
> 7/ Nested Validation (we do this already on 1.7 with Woko, but it's a bit
> hackish) BeanValidatio JSR ?
> 8/ Hot reload (JavaRebel ?)

I vote for 1/ Async support. Being able to push data from stripes would
be fantastic.
I would add another useful feature: possibility to manage versioning
and caching of static resources (by generating a timestamp based on
last file update date for example)
The equivalent of spring's VersionResourceResolver.

But please, don't use cookies for anything and don't waste time on
JavaRebel