Stripes, Google Maps and KML

Heather and Jon Turgeon
Hi all, my Stripes based mapping site is coming along nicely. (running on AWS) I do have a question if anyone has used a Stripes action to be the source of a KML for Google maps? So far I have the code written and the KML being created in an action but have been unable to get the placemarks to show up on the map (no placemarks are created). Here is the Javascript I use

//Load the markers
var kmlLayer = new google.maps.KmlLayer({
     url: '../marker/KMLMarker.action'
});
kmlLayer.setMap(gemap);

here is the end of the Stripes action, I am using the kmlframework library for creating the kml from hibernate objects

return new StreamingResolution("text/kml") {
       public void stream(HttpServletResponse response) throws Exception {
              response.getWriter().write(kml.toString());
       }
};

Jon

Re: Stripes, Google Maps and KML

Luis Tiago Rico

Hi there!

Probably the error has to do with you returning kml.toString() insted of returning a KML file! Plesase have a look!

I personally never worked with google maps like you are doing (server side)! I allways keep the maps api on client side!

Cheers!