Stripes Problem

corina rus
Hello, I have recently started using Stripes for a project in school, and I came across a problem which occurs many times. I get errors of the following type:

type Status report
message
descriptionThe requested resource () is not available. (in browser)

SEVERE: PWC6117: File "C:\Program Files (x86)\glassfish-3.1.2.2\glassfish\domains\domain1\docroot\StoreOnlineWEB-INF\createUserOrder.jsp" not found    (in glassfish tab in netbeans)

This particular error occured on the piece of code:

public Resolution displayDetails() {
        getContext().getRequest().getSession().setAttribute("orderid", orderid);
        OrderMethods orderAction = new OrderMethods();
        String usr = orderAction.findByUsername(username, orderid);
        if(usr.equals("Yes"))
        return new ForwardResolution("WEB-INF/displayUserOrderDetails.jsp");
        else
        {
            errors = "The selected order id does not belong to you. Please select a valid id.";
            return new ForwardResolution("WEB-INF/seeUserOrdersDetails.jsp");
        }

        //getContext().getRequest().getSession().setAttribute("orderid", orderid);
        //return new ForwardResolution("WEB-INF/displayUserOrderDetails.jsp");
    }

Here I try to see if a user tries to view an order which is his or an order which belongs to someone else. The problem appears when entering the else branch, at the return forward resolution. How can I fix this?

Re: Stripes Problem

Marcus Kraßmann-2
Hello,

try adding a "/" in front of "WEB-INF/..." so the path to the JSP looks like this:
return new ForwardResolution("/WEB-INF/displayUserOrderDetails.jsp");
Kind regards,
Marcus

Am 05.01.2013 13:23, schrieb corina rus:
[...]

http://p.sf.net/sfu/learnmore_122912

Re: Stripes Problem

corina rus
I tried, but that wouldn't work. I tried accessing the same jsp from another action bean, and from there works perfectly. Could it be a problem that I have 7 action beans?

Re: Stripes Problem

Joaquin Valdez-2
I do something like this in my ActionBean:

private static final String VIEW = "/WEB-INF/jsp/some_form.jsp";

    @DefaultHandler
    @DontValidate
    public Resolution view() {
        return new ForwardResolution(VIEW);
    }

Maybe your jsp file is in a folder under WEB-INF?

Joaquin

On Jan 5, 2013, at 5:14 AM, corina rus wrote:

[...]

Master Visual Studio, SharePoint, SQL,
ASP.NET
, C# 2012, HTML5, CSS,
http://p.sf.net/sfu/learnmore_122912

Re: Stripes Problem

Marcus Kraßmann-2
Well, the error message refers to a JSP file that is not referenced within your posted ActionBean (it cannot find "createUserOrder.jsp", but it is never forwarded to within your code snippet). Are you sure you gave us the correct action bean's code?

I tried, but that wouldn't work. I tried accessing the same jsp from another action bean, and from there works perfectly. Could it be a problem that I have 7 action beans?

Re: Stripes Problem

corina rus
I also tried to declare it as a static final string, same problem.

I just saw that I did send the wrong snippet.
 I will attach both action bean and jsp.

What happens there is: I have another form, where I have a button called "Create new order". Once pressed, the button calls the createOrder resolution in the action bean, which creates a new order in the database, from which I retrieve the id of the order and the username. Then, the user is taken to another page, where a large table is displayed which contains all the products in the database. There is also a textbox, where the user inserts the id of a product which he desires to add to the order, and then presses the "Add product" button. This calls the addProduct method, which inserts the product in the database and gives the control back to the
createUserOrder jsp. Also, the username and the orderid should be kept the same as long as the user keeps adding products to the order (I don't really know how to do this, I tried storing them into the context but, since I get the error I'm not sure if it works or not, but in my opinion it does not work as I want it to). The problem is when I press the add product button. The product is added correctly to the database, but the forward doesn't work, and gives me the errors:

type Status report
message
descriptionThe requested resource () is not available. (in browser)
SEVERE: PWC6117: File "C:\Program Files (x86)\glassfish-3.1.2.2\glassfish\domains\domain1\docroot\StoreOnlineWEB-INF\createUserOrder.jsp" not found (in glassfish tab in netbeans)

If I try accessing the createUserOrder.jsp from another action bean it works, it even works when accessing it from UserOrdersAction, except on this operation.

ActionBeanAndJsp.txt (7K) Download Attachment

Re: Stripes Problem

Marcus Kraßmann-2
Am 05.01.2013 17:27, schrieb corina rus:
type Status report
message
descriptionThe requested resource () is not available. (in browser)
SEVERE: PWC6117: File "C:\Program Files (x86)\glassfish-3.1.2.2\glassfish\domains\domain1\docroot\StoreOnlineWEB-INF\createUserOrder.jsp" not found (in glassfish tab in netbeans)

If I try accessing the createUserOrder.jsp from another action bean it works, it even works when accessing it from UserOrdersAction, except on this operation.

I still have a bad feeling about the path within the SEVERE message. It refers to a folder "...\StoreOnlineWEB-INF\..." which should definitely be "...\StoreOnline\WEB-INF\..." instead. And on the other hand, I never saw ForwardResolution paths that did not start with a "/" at the beginning. So instead of
return new ForwardResolution("WEB-INF/createUserOrder.jsp");
I would always use
return new ForwardResolution("/WEB-INF/createUserOrder.jsp");
for the forward to the JSP file, including the slash at the beginning. Maybe you need to recompile, redeploy and then restart the server to see the new result (to check this, you could log the path in the event handler before returning the ForwardResolution).

Crossing fingers,
Marcus

Re: Stripes Problem

corina rus
I used it without the "\" at the beginning in every other place and it works like that. I tried also with a "\" and didn't work. I restarted everything, recompiled, etc. I have absolutely no idea on what else to do

Re: Stripes Problem

Poitras Christian

Hi,

What is the method that seems to be the problem?

If it’s the addProduct method, then something is wrong in your code sample because you cannot redirect to a resource under the WEB-INF folder. Only Forwards are allowed.

    public Resolution addProduct() {

        // Removed irrelevant code.

        return new RedirectResolution("/WEB-INF/createUserOrder.jsp");

    }

Christian

I used it without the "\" at the beginning in every other place and it works like that. I tried also with a "\" and didn't work. I restarted everything, recompiled, etc. I have absolutely no idea on what else to do

Re: Stripes Problem

corina rus
Hello, thank you very much, someone already helped me find the problem. I forgot to write a getter and a setter for a variable that I used further on.