Stripes layout rendering differently between Jetty and Tomcat

Stripes layout rendering differently between Jetty and Tomcat

Robert Nicholson-3
So I’ve have some layouts that aren’t rendering correctly in Tomcat vs Jetty.

Are there any tips on how to debug the layout rendering since what’s happening
is that the same page renders again within the same page so the top of the page
is beginning in the middle of the same page when it renders.

None of this happens when it runs in Jetty.

Currently using Stripes 1.5.7 and I’ve tried and reproduced this behavior
in multiple Tomcats including 6 and 7.

Re: Stripes layout rendering differently between Jetty and Tomcat

Ben Gunter
IIRC, there was a security issue in 1.5.7 that was fixed in 1.5.8 so you should upgrade.

As for the layouts, you should probably just switch to the older buffered layout tags. The streaming layout tags introduced somewhere in the 1.5.x series are very complex and have been problematic on some platforms (although I've never had any problems on Tomcat). You can switch to buffered layouts by changing your layout tag URL to http://stripes.sourceforge.net/stripes-buffered-layout.tld .

On Wed, Jul 26, 2017 at 8:29 AM, Robert Nicholson <[hidden email]> wrote:
So I’ve have some layouts that aren’t rendering correctly in Tomcat vs Jetty.

Are there any tips on how to debug the layout rendering since what’s happening
is that the same page renders again within the same page so the top of the page
is beginning in the middle of the same page when it renders.

None of this happens when it runs in Jetty.

Currently using Stripes 1.5.7 and I’ve tried and reproduced this behavior
in multiple Tomcats including 6 and 7.

Re: Stripes layout rendering differently between Jetty and Tomcat

Robert Nicholson-3
Is there any write up on these?

Also the url appears to no longer be valid. ie. 404.

On Jul 26, 2017, at 8:22 AM, Ben Gunter <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Rick Grashel
Hi Robert,

I'm going to be moving all of the docs and everything because it keeps getting wiped away by our Jenkins build.

For what it's worth, I actually stopped using layout tags due to performance issues at high scale. I've gotten much better performance using native jsp:include tags.

-- Rick