Stripes logging

passogiau
Greetings,

I apologise for this off topic question. We have delivered an application using Stripes to the customer. They run it on the Websphere app server. All is good except the log4j generated message is logged in the system log. Something like this "CryptoUtil    W net.sourceforge.stripes.util.Log warn Input was not encrypted with the current encryption key: ..." which is against the customer's deployment policy that all application generated messages should go to the application log,
I assumed that the following would route the Stripes generated messages to the application log but it is not

log4j.appender.logFile.file = /var/logs/application.log
log4j.additivity.net.sourceforge.stripes=false
log4j.logger.net.sourceforge.stripes=WARN,logFile

Can someone suggest what is wrong here and how to force Stripes generated logs to go where they should? Thanks,

-a

--
Aaron Stromas
Mobile: +1 703 203 9169

Re: Stripes logging

Ben Gunter
I don't know enough about Log4J to help with that, but I think it would be a better idea to eliminate the warning by configuring Stripes with the Stripes.EncryptionKey init-param. Just add it to the StripesFilter config with a randomly generated value, and that warning will go away.

-Ben

On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 4:10 PM, Aaron Stromas <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Mobile: <a href="tel:%2B1%20703%20203%209169" value="+17032039169" target="_blank">+1 703 203 9169

Re: Stripes logging

Aaron,

You need to create a new appender for the unwanted logs and send them
there.  So define a new appender in your log4j.properties (or
log4j.xml) file.  You can call it "applicationAppender" or whatever
you want.

Then you can direct the log statements for given packages to that
appender.  For example:

log4j.category.net.sourceforge.stripes = DEBUG, applicationAppender

The above configuration will send all DEBUG (and INFO) messages that
Stripes generates into the application appender.

Hope that helps,

-- Rick