Subdomain lost on RedirectResolution

Heather and Jon Turgeon
Hello, I have by website deployed on Amazon. All worked well. I swapped over to a simple VPN, deployed my Stripes based site on Tomcat. I have a SecurityFilter in place for some of my pages. If some of these pages are requested the user is forwarded to the login page. A value on the page holds onto the original request. Once the user successfully logs in I issue a RedirectResolution to the original page after updating the session. For some reason on this redirect the www subdomain is lost. I am assuming it must be something in my Tomcat setup since this same code worked fine on the the Amazon Tomcat image I was using. Any thoughts?

Jon

Re: Subdomain lost on RedirectResolution

Rick Grashel
Hi Jon,

I'm not familiar with Amazon's tomcat image, but I would copy the Tomcat configuration files off of it and do a comparison to the new Tomcat configuration in the new installation/VPN.  That is probably where the difference resides.  So basically, everything in /etc/tomcatXXX if this is a stock linux install.  If not, then anything in the tomcat config directory including the server.xml, context.cml, and web.xml.

-- Rick