Testing Multipart Form and FileBean with MockRoundtrip

Testing Multipart Form and FileBean with MockRoundtrip

Brandon Goodin
I am in a situation where I need to write a unit test for a stripes action and the action supports a multipart form with a required file upload. I don't see how it is possible to use the MockRoundtrip and test file uploads with FileBean. What is the proper way to test Actions that back a multipart-form with files being passed in the request?

Pseudo-code of my action:

public class MyAction ... {

@Validate(required = true)
private FileBean file;

public Resolution upload() {

public void setFile(FileBean file) {
this.file = file;

For now I have decided to move the required=true off of the file property and simply manually validate in the body of the upload handler. This allows me to manually set the FileBean on the Action in my unit test before I call the mockRoundTrip.execute("upload");

Please let me know if I'm missing something obvious.

Thanks,
Brandon Goodin

Re: Testing Multipart Form and FileBean with MockRoundtrip

VANKEISBELCK Remi
Hi Brandon,

Maybe write your own ActionBeanPropertyBinder for those tests ? One that sets the FileBean even if nothing is posted, depending on your testing context ?

Looks a bit heavyweight but I can't think of anything else yet...

Cheers

Remi