Tracking Down SourcePageNot FoundException

Tracking Down SourcePageNot FoundException

Heather and Jon Turgeon

Hi all, I am having an issue in my production environment getting SourcePageNotFoundExceptions. I have not been able to figure out how they are occurring but i suspect it has to SEO and my site.xml. I generated the site.xml as my pages are data driven. Anyway, is there someway that I could log the request that is actually causing this SourcePageNotFoundException? Thanks for any help on this.

Jon

Re: Tracking Down SourcePageNot FoundException

Rick Grashel
Hi Jon,

Unfortunately, the core ActionBeanContext class does not echo anything with regards to this.  I think I actually may add this into the core because this is a very annoying error.

I can tell you how I have tracked these down.  Basically, first create a custom ActionBeanContext class in your application which extends ActionBeanContext.  Most Stripes applications have this.  But if you don't, create one.  Then, in your custom ActionBeanContext class, override the getSourcePageResolution() method.  Here is what your overridden method could be:

    @Override
    public Resolution getSourcePageResolution() {
        try {
            return super.getSourcePageResolution();
        } catch( Exception e )  {
            // Put a log statement here instead of a System.out
            System.out.println( "Source Page Resolution Was Not Provided.  The requested URL was : " + super.getRequest().getRequestURL() );
            return new ForwardResolution( "/" );

So basically, that will catch the error, log the requested URL, and then return the caller back to the main page.  You could make this more elaborate and log a lot more request information if you want.

Hope that helps,

-- Rick