Weird Redirect stuff

Nic Holbrook-2
I am trying to track down some strange bug.  I have a
case where if I have a button on a form that redirects
to another action, the url gets processed with a
missing forward slash before the action.

The url is /accounting/ManageBills.action and if use
redirection, the url gets sent back as
/accountingManageBills.action which dies.  This
doesn't seem to be entirely consistent and only seems
to happen if I go through apache using mod_proxy.  If
I go directly to tomcat, I don't see the issues.  This
doesn't really seem to be a stripes issue, but I'm not
having much luck trying to figure out whats going on.

Any Ideas?

Thanks

Nic

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: Weird Redirect stuff

Ben Gunter
This looks somewhat similar to your problem.

http://blog.lathi.net/articles/tag/mod_proxy

For what it's worth...

-Ben

Nic Holbrook wrote:

> I am trying to track down some strange bug.  I have a
> case where if I have a button on a form that redirects
> to another action, the url gets processed with a
> missing forward slash before the action.
>
> The url is /accounting/ManageBills.action and if use
> redirection, the url gets sent back as
> /accountingManageBills.action which dies.  This
> doesn't seem to be entirely consistent and only seems
> to happen if I go through apache using mod_proxy.  If
> I go directly to tomcat, I don't see the issues.  This
> doesn't really seem to be a stripes issue, but I'm not
> having much luck trying to figure out whats going on.
>

> Any Ideas?
>
> Thanks
>
> Nic

> http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: Weird Redirect stuff

Nic Holbrook-2
Fixed it.  There were actually proxypass declarations
in apache for contexts with a trailing slash and some
without.  The problem was the sys admin put some of
the delcarations without a trailing slash before the
ones with a trailing slash so it messed up the
processing.  Anyway, just thought I'd post this in
case some other poor sap has a similar problem.

Thanks

Nic

http://mail.yahoo.com