screen to pdf

Keenan, Alex

I have a ForwardResolution that goes to a jsp.
I want to capture the screen image from this jsp to a PDF file.
Is there a simple way to do this?

________________________________

This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain information that is confidential and protected by law from unauthorized disclosure. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.

Re: screen to pdf

Grzegorz Krugły
You could try to automate a browser, but it probably won't be easy,
especially in server environment.
What I've used for stuff like this was a combination of JTidy
(http://jtidy.sourceforge.net/) to make a well formed XML out of the
source HTML and then Flying Saucer
(http://code.google.com/p/flying-saucer/) to render it.

Flying Saucer is quite good at rendering static stuff with CSS, but it
doesn't understand JavaScript, so your mileage might vary. For PDF
reports configurable via CMS it was delightful :-)