stripes and log4j2

Jens Grüntjes
Hello list,

I searched a while and did not find anything about the compatibility
of stripes and log4j2. Recently I migrated a web application from
log4j to log4j2 which worked pretty well. During the migration I had a
quasi-parallel use of log4j and log4j2 (which means that I had a
log4j.xml and a log4j2.xml in my classpath). The messages of my
application go straight into the new log4j2-logfiles but stripes'
messages go in the "old" log4j-logfiles. For testing I deleted all
log4j-related stuff from my application but then it crashed.

Can someone say if stripes supports log4j2 at all and if yes how I
have to configure stripes to use log4j2? I'm using stripes-1.5.7 and
log4j2-2.0beta9.

Thanks for any help
Jens

Zitat von Levi Hoogenberg <[hidden email]>:

> Stripes uses Commons Logging to abstract away from specific logging
> implentations, so simply using the Log4j2 implementation of that API should
> do the trick: http://logging.apache.org/log4j/2.x/log4j-jcl/index.html
Thanks for your help. That's what I was looking for.