using encrypted parameters

Chris Cheshire
I am trying to use the encrypted validation for my object ids and it sort of works.

stripes:link, stripes:hidden etc all encrypt/decrypt the parameter properly and urls are built nicely. However, if I access the parameter via jsp-el, eg ${item.id}, then it gives me the unencrypted value.

I have a heavy ajax page that needs to put the encrypted item id in urls for the ajax handler but I can't build the urls with

$.ajax({ url: 'path to whatever/' + ${item.id} ... });

because the item id is not encrypted when accessed this way

What I have had to resort to is using stripes:link to build a link in the page, hiding it, and extracting the href from it so that the parameter is correct.

<stripes:link beanclass="..." style="display:none" id="link"><stripes:param name="id" value="${item.id}" /></stripes:link>

then

$.ajax({ url: $('#link').attr('href') ... });

Is there a better way to do this? What about when I need the ID but not in a link, or some other stripes controlled tag?

How do I get a parameter in its encrypted form?

Thanks

Chris

Re: using encrypted parameters

Freddy D.
Hi Chris,

To get the URL, you can simply use <stripes:url beanclass="..." var="someVar"><stripes:param .../></stripes:url>,  and then in JavaScript, get it with "${someVar}". No need to hide the link nor extract the href.

To get just the ID, you can have, on your action bean, public String getEncryptedId() { return CryptoUtil.encrypt(String.valueOf(item.getId())); } and then in JavaScript use var encryptedId = "${actionBean.encryptedId}".

I suppose that within a form you could also try <stripes:hidden id="itemId" name="item.id"/> and then get it with $("#itemId").val().

Hope that helps,

Freddy